
Yogyakarta's Hidden Gem: SUPER OYO 90905 Dangau Datuk Guesthouse!
Yogyakarta's Hidden Gem: SUPER OYO 90905 Dangau Datuk Guesthouse! - A Review That's Actually Real (Prepare for Rambling!)
Okay, buckle up, folks, because we're diving headfirst into the SUPER OYO 90905 Dangau Datuk Guesthouse! in Yogyakarta. Forget the perfectly polished reviews, this is real talk. I'm talking sweat, minor frustrations, and maybe a slightly embarrassing admission or two. Is this place a hidden gem? Let's find out… and prepare for a rollercoaster.
First Impressions & Accessibility (Getting There is Half the Battle…and Sometimes, the Whole Damn Thing)
Finding the place? Let's just say, my phone's GPS and I had a moment. Picture this: sweltering heat, scooter traffic that rivals a swarm of angry bees, and me, desperately squinting at my screen. Eventually, finally, I rolled up to Dangau Datuk.
- Accessibility? Honestly, it's a mixed bag. The entrance itself seemed okay, but I didn't specifically test out wheelchair accessibility. I did see an elevator, which is a HUGE plus in my book. The real test would be maneuvering around the common areas and rooms. More on that later.
- Getting Around: Airport transfer is available, thank god! Considering the aforementioned scooter mayhem, that might be the best money you spend. They also have a car park (free!), which is a sanity saver. Bonus points for the car power charging station - thoughtful!
- Check-in/Check-out: Express check-in/out? Excellent. After that epic GPS battle, speed is key.
Rooms: Decent, But Definitely Not a Luxury Suite (And That’s Okay!)
My room? Functional. It had everything you need, and a few things you didn't know you needed but really appreciate, like the complimentary tea. The air conditioning was a godsend – Yogyakarta heat is no joke.
- The Good: The blackout curtains were amazing. Seriously, I slept like a log. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Yes, please! They also had a laptop workspace – important if you're trying to actually, you know, work. They also provided the extra long bed
- The Not-So-Good: It wasn't exactly luxury. Expect a clean, well-maintained room, but don't expect marble countertops. The decor was… well, let's call it "practical." A little more personality wouldn’t hurt, but hey, I'm here for the experience, not a museum.
- Worth Mentioning: The separate shower/bathtub combo was a nice touch. And the in-room safe box is always a good idea.
Amenities: The Spa Dream? Not Quite. But Still Pretty Good.
Okay, so let's be honest. This isn't the place you go for a full-blown spa day. While the listing mentions a spa, I’m skeptical. I like the idea that you can stay in the hotel and spend time in the Spa/sauna and steamroom
- The Basics: They do have a swimming pool! Definitely a plus in the Yogyakarta heat. And a fitness center? Alright! It's probably not state-of-the-art, but hey, a few squats and push-ups never hurt.
- The Extras: There are a few options in the "Ways to Relax" category. I’m eager to test them.
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking: Fueling Your Adventure (and Maybe A Few Regrets)
The food situation? It’s a gamble, but I give it a thumbs up.
- Breakfast: They have an Asian breakfast, and a Western breakfast.
- Restaurants: A la carte and buffet in restaurant is helpful, I like the idea of having different options.
- The Bar: I went the bar and I had a happy hour, it was nice, I drank a bottle of water.
Cleanliness & Safety: Peace of Mind (Finally!)
This is where Dangau Datuk actually shines.
- The Good: Hand sanitizers everywhere, staff in safety protocol, rooms are getting sanitized between stays, and more. They also have a doctor/nurse on call and a first aid kit.
- The Not-So-Good: Although they say physical distancing of at least 1 meter, it's hard to keep it when you are enjoying the facilities.
Services & Conveniences: They've Got You Covered (Most of the Time)
- The Good: Luggage storage? Daily housekeeping? Concierge? Yep, yep, and yep. They offer currency exchange.
- The Not-So-Good: I'm trying to be honest.
- Interesting: They have a gift shop. I may need to get souvenirs
For the Kids: Family-Friendly? Maybe!
- Family/Child Friendly: They’ve got facilities. They have babysitting service and kids meal.
The Quirks & Quirky Observations (Because Real Life is Weird)
- The Staff: The staff were generally friendly and helpful. They also seemed committed to maintaining the hotel on safety protocols.
The Verdict: Is SUPER OYO 90905 Dangau Datuk Guesthouse! a Hidden Gem?
Hmm… Okay, here's the brutally honest truth: It's not a five-star resort. It's not a place for extreme glamour. But it is clean, comfortable, and well-situated. It has everything you need and (potentially) a few things you didn't know you wanted. It's a solid, reliable, and affordable option for exploring Yogyakarta.
My Final Score: 4 out of 5 stars. Solid. I'd stay there again!
The Offer: Your Yogyakarta Adventure Awaits!
Tired of the same old cookie-cutter hotels? Ready to experience the REAL Yogyakarta without breaking the bank? Book your stay at SUPER OYO 90905 Dangau Datuk Guesthouse! and get ready for an adventure!
Here's what's included:
- A comfortable, clean room with free Wi-Fi.
- A delicious breakfast to fuel your explorations.
- Access to a refreshing swimming pool to beat the heat.
- Friendly service and a safe, secure environment.
- The chance to experience the authentic Yogyakarta, all within easy reach of the city's amazing attractions.
But Hurry! This offer won't last forever! Book your stay today and start your adventure in Yogyakarta!
Click here to book your stay at SUPER OYO 90905 Dangau Datuk Guesthouse!(If there was a link! Replace this with the actual booking link.) You won't regret it! (Probably.)
Unbelievable Palomino Paradise: Playa la Roca Eco Hotel Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly-manicured travel itinerary. This is the real, sweaty, jet-lagged, and gelato-stained adventure of… well, me, in Yogyakarta. Specifically, at the glorious, slightly-rundown (in a charming way!) SUPER OYO 90905 Dangau Datuk Guesthouse. Prepare for a ride.
Yogyakarta, Indonesia – The Messy Diary of a Wanderer (and Possibly a Mosquito Magnet)
Day 1: Arrival. Or, How I Fell in Love with Indonesian Noodles (And Probably Got Sunburnt)
- Morning (ish): Arrived at Adisutjipto International Airport. The humidity hit me like a wall of warm, fragrant laundry. Okay, I was already regretting packing those thick jeans. Found a taxi… negotiated, haggled, and eventually caved because I was exhausted. That's the travel spirit, right? Survived the chaotic traffic (motorbikes! Everywhere!) and finally, FINALLY, Dangau Datuk. The OYO sign didn't exactly scream "luxury," but the courtyard, with its lush greenery and the promise of a cold Bintang beer later, was pure bliss. Checked in, breathed a sigh of relief, and promptly forgot which room was mine.
- Quirk: The air conditioning unit sounded like a dying walrus. Praying it wouldn’t give up the ghost during the night.
- Afternoon: After a quick (and very necessary) nap, I ventured into the nearby streets. And this is where the magic began. Found a little warung (local food stall). The food! Oh, the food! I pointed, I smiled, I probably looked like a complete idiot, but they got it. And I got nasi goreng – Indonesian fried rice – the best I’ve ever had in my life. Savoring every bite, I ordered another one!
- Feeling: Euphoric. Food coma. Sunburnt.
- Anecdote: Okay, confess. I think I burned my nose already. I'm a classic tourist.
- Evening: Back to Dangau Datuk. Swigged the cold Bintang by the pool (which seemed to be getting a little algae bloom, but hey, character!) and attempted to plan the next day. Got distracted by a stray cat that looked like it was judging my life choices. Decided to postpone planning and just… be.
Day 2: Temples, Temples, and the Existential Dread of Heights (And Maybe a Dodgy Stomach)
- Morning: Woke up to the walrus of an aircon and felt a deep, unsettling rumble from my stomach. Ugh. Breakfast was a battle – rice porridge with a questionable meat thingy. It's the travel experience, right? Off to Prambanan Temple. Booked a Grab (Indonesian Uber) because navigating public transport still felt like rocket science.
- Impression: Prambanan is stunning. Massive. Incredibly impressive. The sheer size and detail of the carvings are mind-boggling. Took a million photos, got pushed by a group of school kids who found me hilarious (they were probably right).
- Afternoon: Borobudur Temple, on to the next. The climb up was more challenging than I expected. My legs screamed in protest. The view from the top, though, was worth the sweat and fear (I am terrified of heights, but the view was the best. I was there!). Wandered around, felt small, contemplated the vastness of time, and almost forgot about my rumbly tummy. Almost.
- Evening: Ugh. The tummy won. Back to the guesthouse. Spent the evening clutching my stomach and battling the walrous aircon. Ordered some plain rice from a near restaurant, and swore to take it easy with the street food for a while.
- Confession: I’m pretty sure I will throw up any moment.
- Quirky observation: The mosquitoes here are relentless.
- Emotional Reaction: Annoyed. I wanted more adventure, not a hospital bed.
Day 3: The (Almost) Disastrous Batik Lesson and the Triumph of a Solo Dinner
- Morning: The tummy has settled down. Hooray for survival! Decided to be adventurous (and recover some sense of adventure) with a batik painting class. Sounds idyllic, right? Wrong.
- Anecdote: My technique was… let’s just say, “abstract.” I spilled hot wax everywhere. Burnt my fingers. The instructor looked like he wanted to run screaming into the street. My batik masterpiece currently resembles a Jackson Pollock painting gone wrong.
- Afternoon: Recovered from the batik trauma by wandering around Malioboro Street. The buzz! The colours! The souvenirs! Found a charming little coffee shop to regroup.
- Evening: Decided I deserved a reward (and a break from the guesthouse - and its aircon). Scouted a restaurant and bravely went to a restaurant on my own. The first time ever I did it. The food (grilled fish with sambal) was ridiculously good. The people around me were friendly and I felt… okay, I felt proud of myself.
- Emotional Reaction: Actually, felt empowered. You can do anything solo.
- Quirky Observation: The street cats here are incredibly chill. Probably because they’ve seen it all.
Day 4: Cave Exploring and Unexpected Spirituality (and, of course, more Nasi Goreng)
- Morning: Decided to venture outside of the tourist bubble (and try to discover the “real” Yogyakarta). Headed to Gua Jomblang, a cave known for its "heaven light" – beams of sunlight that penetrate through the ceiling. I'm not a cave person. I’m not claustrophobic… but I am a little bit afraid of the dark, damp, and enclosed spaces.
- Anecdote: The adventure was absolutely worth it! The whole experience just made me feel. The walk through the jungle, the descent on the rope, the vastness of the cave, and the magical light – I was speechless. Almost cried.
- Afternoon: A bit muddy, a bit awe-struck, a bit hungry. Found a small warung and, yes, had another nasi goreng. This time, it was even better, because I earned it.
- Evening: Back to Dangau Datuk. Had to do laundry. The guesthouse's laundry service was… questionable, but I didn't care. I actually felt good.
- Emotional Reaction: Happy. Exhausted. Content.
- Messy Structure: Did I mention I haven't showered in two days?
- Rambles: Maybe I should have packed some nicer clothes. Or more insect repellent. Or, you know, a better plan.
- Opinionated Language: Dangau Datuk is not a fancy hotel, but it's perfect. It's real, it's messy, and it has a soul. I’m going to miss this place.
Day 5: Departure. (Goodbye, Yogyakarta… And the Air Conditioning Walrus)
- Morning: Last breakfast. (I'll miss the nasi goreng.) Said goodbye to the walrus. Checked out. Said goodbye to the friendly staff. Feeling a little bit sad.
- Afternoon: Navigated the chaos of the airport. Boarded the plane.
- Evening: Flying home. Reflecting on the trip. Yogyakarta… it was an adventure. And I wouldn't have had it any other way.
- Emotional Reaction: Nostalgic. Slightly sunburnt. Already planning my return.
Post-Trip Notes (Yes, I'm still writing):
- Lesson Learned: Pack more sunscreen. And maybe some Pepto-Bismol.
- Regret: Not spending more time at Gua Jomblang.
- The Best Part: The people. The food. The overall feeling of wonder.
- Why Dangau Datuk? Because it wasn't perfect. It was real. And that's what made it special.
- Final thought: Travel is messy, imperfect, and sometimes a bit gross. But it's also the most incredible thing you can do. Go. Just go.
And there you have it. My Yogyakarta, in all its glorious, sweaty, tummy-rumbling, batik-spilling glory. Now, where's my next adventure…?
Kathmandu's Marco Polo: Unbeatable Luxury Hotel Deals!
SUPER OYO 90905 Dangau Datuk Guesthouse: The Unvarnished Truth (and Maybe Some Regret)
So, what IS this "Dangau Datuk" place, anyway? Seems kinda... hidden, right?
The "Super OYO" part... is that some kind of promise? Like, super-duper clean? Super-duper comfy?
What's the vibe like inside? Is it all Instagrammable aesthetic or more… lived-in?
The rooms... are they, you know, ROOMS? Or something a little… different?
Is it a good place to meet other travelers?
Okay, so the location... how far is it from everything?
The absolute best thing about the location, though? The FOOD. Seriously, the street food scene nearby is incredible. I’m still dreaming of the nasi goreng I devoured on my second night there. Finding the guesthouse might be a challenge, but the food situation totally makes it worth it. Seriously... go, eat, and then try to tell me I'm wrong.
Any nightmare stories? Any regrets?
So, would you recommend it? Be honest!

