
Escape to Paradise: Ecocabañas Manguare Awaits in Colombia!
Ditching Reality, Finding Paradise: My Unfiltered Take on Ecocabañas Manguare
Okay, buckle up. I'm back from Colombia, and I've got opinions. Forget those perfectly polished travel blogs – this is my truth, and it involves a LOT of sun, some slightly questionable choices (mostly involving coffee), and a deep, abiding love for Escape to Paradise: Ecocabañas Manguare. Seriously, the name alone is seductive. Now, let's dive in, because, honestly, I'm still unpacking… both literally and metaphorically.
First Impressions & That Elusive "Accessible" Angle (Important for my wheelchair users):
Right off the bat: Accessibility. This is where things can get tricky in Colombia, and I was apprehensive. Ecocabañas Manguare is built into the natural landscape, which, usually screams… well, not "accessible." I'm happy to report the front desk is open 24/7. Getting around depends on the room (the website and reviews should be consulted for specifics, as it's a complex property). I didn’t see any obvious elevators, which is a bummer for some, but there are facilities for disabled guests, so it’s a mixed bag. Definitely do your homework or contact ahead to clarify. It is a bit rough and challenging to navigate, especially independently. It's not a fault of the hotel, but the terrain isn’t ideal.
The "Things to Do" Avalanche and My Personal Zen Fail:
Where to even begin with the "Things to Do"? This place is a wellness volcano! Spa, Sauna, Steamroom, Pool with a View… The brochure practically vibrated with smug relaxation. I tried to embrace the zen. I really did. I went for a Body Scrub, thinking, "Ah, this is it! Me, a smooth, relaxed goddess." Nope. I found myself laughing uncontrollably as the woman scrubbed me with something that smelled suspiciously like… cinnamon. Not my best moment. I also tried the Gym/fitness, which was actually pretty good, or maybe it was the endorphins.
The Swimming pool [outdoor] however? Absolute perfection. Seriously, I spent so much time in that pool, staring at the jungle, that I'm pretty sure I developed gills. There’s a Poolside bar, so you don’t even have to leave the blissful water for refreshments. I can’t recommend it enough.
Food, Glorious Food (and a Few Coffee-Fueled Regrets):
Okay, listen. I’m a foodie. And the food at Ecocabañas Manguare? Mostly fantastic. They have Restaurants, of course, serving a mix of International cuisine, Asian cuisine, and Vegetarian restaurant options. You can get Breakfast [buffet] in the morning, or opt for Breakfast in room. I'm a big fan of the Coffee/tea in restaurant – because Colombia, obviously. The Coffee shop served the best cup I had in Colombia. I'm not exaggerating. It was that good.
There's also the option of Room service [24-hour], which, let's be honest, is a lifesaver. Especially when you're battling jet lag and those pesky cinnamon-scented memories. They also have Happy hour, let's just say I went there more than often.
However, I can't talk about the coffee situation without confessing a minor incident. I ordered one too many cups of coffee one morning. The caffeine hit me like a freight train. I ended up wandering around the property at sunrise, convinced I was going to find some undiscovered hidden treasure. I didn't. But the view was spectacular, and the experience was memorable (though I couldn't sleep for 12 hours).
Rooms: The Sanctuary (Mostly)
The Non-smoking rooms are a must, given the fresh air and the importance of the jungle environment. You'll find all the usual suspects inside your room: Air conditioning, Coffee/tea maker, Hair dryer, Wi-Fi [free]. You will have everything, including a seating area, and a desk. It's all spot on. The Blackout curtains are a godsend for sleeping after your coffee crazed sunrise escapades, the refrigerator a life saver. And the towels were fluffy. A win!
Cleanliness and Security: Feeling Safe & Sound
This is a big one, especially nowadays. I was impressed with the dedication to Cleanliness and safety. They follow serious protocols, the Staff trained in safety protocol, the Anti-viral cleaning products, and even Sterilizing equipment. They're really on top of things. There's also Security [24-hour], and CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, so you can relax knowing you're in good hands. The Rooms sanitized between stays, and room sanitization opt-out available really gives you peace of mind. There's even a Doctor/nurse on call and a First aid kit, just in case you get a little too adventurous with the cinnamon scrubs. All in all, I felt super safe!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter:
Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Daily disinfection in common areas, Laundry service? Check, check, and check. They even have a Gift/souvenir shop, because, let's face it, you're going to want to bring something back to prove you actually went. And the Car park [free of charge]is a lifesaver.
Getting Around: Transportation
Airport transfer is available, which is super handy after a long flight. They also offer Taxi service. Getting around can be a bit of an adventure. I mostly embraced the walking, but taxis or organized transport is definitely your friend.
For the Kids (and the Kid in You):
While I didn't have any little ones in tow, I saw plenty of happy families. There's a Babysitting service and Family/child friendly facilities, so it's definitely a good option for a multi-generational trip.
The Verdict: Paradise Found (with a Few Cinnamon-Scented Scratches)
Look, Ecocabañas Manguare isn't perfect. It's got quirks. The accessibility is complex. But it's got soul. It's the kind of place where you can lose yourself in the jungle, drink way too much coffee, and maybe even discover your inner zen (or fail spectacularly trying).
Here's the Deal, Seriously, Book This:
If I've piqued your interest, and I hope I have, then book your stay. Seriously, book it now.
Here's Your Compelling Offer (Because Let's Be Honest, You Need It):
Escape the Ordinary with Ecocabañas Manguare – Embrace Your Colombian Adventure!
- Exclusive Offer: Book your stay during [Insert Travel Dates or Promotion Period] and receive a complimentary spa treatment (like, seriously, try the massage, it's amazing!), plus a bottle of local wine on arrival.
- Why You Should Book Now:
- Unforgettable Relaxation: Dive into the jungle pool, indulge in spa treatments, and surrender to the sounds of nature.
- Culinary Delights: Savor authentic Colombian cuisine and international favorites at our on-site restaurants.
- Safety First: Experience peace of mind with our rigorous cleanliness and safety protocols.
- Adventure Awaits: Explore the surrounding areas, from hiking to cultural experiences.
- Unplug and Reconnect: Free Wi-Fi ensures you can stay connected, while the tranquil environment offers a chance to disconnect from the everyday.
Don't delay! Your Colombian paradise awaits. Book your escape today!
(P.S. Bring earplugs. The jungle is loud. But in the best possible way.)
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Apartment Awaits in Banjole, Croatia (Apartment 1183)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because my trip to Ecocabañas Manguare in Puerto Narino, Colombia, was less a meticulously planned itinerary and more a glorious, humid, mosquito-ridden CHAOS. But a beautiful chaos, mind you. Consider this less a travel guide and more a disheveled love letter to the Amazon.
Phase 1: The "Arrival" (or, The Plane Ride From Hell…but with a Silver Lining - Coffee! Thank God for Colombian Coffee!)
Day 1: Touchdown in Leticia & the Great River Shuffle
- Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Flight to Leticia. Okay, let's be honest, the flight felt like a sardine can in the sky. I swear a baby was levitating from sheer boredom, and the air conditioning was just a suggestion. But! Colombian coffee. Sweet, sweet nectar of the gods. Saved my sanity, it did.
- Midday (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Arrived at Leticia airport. The humidity hit me like a warm, wet blanket. Beautiful, actually. Found my transfer to Puerto Narino. Which, oh boy, included a bumpy taxi ride, and then a tiny, sputtering boat down the Amazon. The river itself was breathtaking. Chocolate milk, the natives called it.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Settled in at Ecocabañas Manguare. The cabana? Rustic. Charming. Bathed in that jungle light that makes everything look kind of magical. My hammock? My best friend for the next week. Almost lost my luggage to a mischievous monkey, but it didn't quite happen.
- Evening (5:00 PM - onwards): Dinner at the cabana restaurant. The food? Phenomenal. Casabe - the Amazonian flatbread - I swear I could eat it for days. The jungle sounds, the symphony of unseen creatures… it was both terrifying and utterly mesmerizing. I think I cried from the sheer beauty of it all!
Phase 2: Embracing the Jungle (and Arguing with Mosquitos)
Day 2: The Pink River Dolphins and the Perils of Sunscreen Application
- Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Early morning boat trip to spot pink river dolphins. They're even more adorable in person! The guide, a weathered old man named Ricardo, seemed to know every fish and every bird by name. I swear he could talk to the dolphins.
- Midday (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Lunch. We returned. Ate our fill.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Afternoon, a jungle walk of moderate size. I am so clumsy. The guide was a true adventurer.
- Evening (5:00 PM - onwards): Dinner. Another spectacular meal. This time, I fell in love with the grilled fish. So fresh, so savory.
Day 3: The Real Test
- Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The real test of my mettle: a trip to the local indigenous community. It was an eye-opening experience, seeing their way of life, their respect for the jungle. They showed us how to make… well, I can't quite remember, but it involved squeezing something green and gooey.
- Midday (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Lunch. Fish.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): I tried to learn how to make traditional crafts. I am not skilled. It was an experience, though.
- Evening (5:00 PM - onwards): Dinner. I attempted to eat something that resembled a bug. It was not delicious. I am not adventurous.
Day 4: The "Lost in Translation" Birdwatching Fiasco (and Finding Delight)
- Morning (6:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Birdwatching tour. Let's just say my bird identification skills are… amateur at best. I mostly saw green and heard chirping. The guide, bless his heart, kept pointing out things that I definitely, positively, 100% didn't see. But the forest was beautiful.
- Midday (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Lunch. Fish.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): A canoe adventure through the flooded forest. The quiet was deafening. The air smelled of damp earth and secrets. Beautiful.
- Evening (5:00 PM - Onwards): The night, another amazing meal, and a quiet evening listening to the jungle's lullaby.
Phase 3: The Sweet Farewell (and the Long Journey Home)
Day 5: The Amazonian Sunset and Saying Goodbye
- Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Slept in. Bliss.
- Midday (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Packed. Wrote some postcards. Cried a little.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Another river trip. This time, to watch the sunset. The sky exploded in colors. Pure magic.
- Evening (5:00 PM - Onwards): The farewell dinner. More tears. The food, again, was transcendent. I hugged everyone I met. I didn't really want to leave.
Day 6: The Journey Back (and the Sudden Realization)
- Morning (6:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Boat, taxi, plane. Same ordeal as before. The reverse.
- Midday (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Lunch.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Back to the daily grind.
- Evening (5:00 PM - Onwards): Back home.
Days 7 Onwards: The Aftermath (and the Mosquito Bites)
- The mosquito bites? They itched for weeks. But the memories? Those are forever. The Amazon, with all its chaos and beauty, burrowed its way into my soul. I miss it already. I'm booking my return trip. As soon as the itching stops, anyway.

Okay, so... "Escape to Paradise: Ecocabañas Manguare". Sounds... idyllic. Is it REALLY paradise? Be honest.
What's the deal with getting there? Remote is an understatement, right?
What about the cabins? Are they actually "eco"? Do they have, like, real doors?
What's the #1 thing to do there? What's the absolute MUST-DO experience?
And the food? Is Colombian food as amazing as everyone says?
Any MAJOR downsides I should be aware of, besides the bugs and questionable plumbing?

