
Uncover the Hidden Jewel: Lejwe La Metsi's Private Safari Paradise
Uncover the Hidden Jewel: Lejwe La Metsi - My Safari Paradise Diary (Messy Edition)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got back from Lejwe La Metsi, and…WOW. Seriously, wow. Forget those picture-perfect Instagram feeds. This is the raw, unfiltered, "did I just see a giraffe sneeze?" kind of safari experience, and I’m still trying to piece it all together. Let's get REAL about this…
First Impressions: Accessibility, and the Elephant in the Room (or Lack Thereof, Thankfully)
Right, let's be straight. I'm not exactly scaling Kilimanjaro on a whim. I was actually worried about how accessible Lejwe La Metsi would be, but I was VERY happy to find out that they did think about inclusivity. They got some facilities for disabled guests, which is already better than most! This tells me that they had a plan. I didn't see any clear evidence of elevators, but I did see exterior corridors, which is a good sign for certain types of accessibility. This is a good sign!
The Room: My Little Sanctuary (and the Mosquitoes)
My room? Glorious. Truly. The air conditioning (thank the heavens!) blasted the heat away, the blackout curtains were KEY for those post-safari naps (more on those later…), and the bed? Oh. My. God. That bed. It was like sinking into a fluffy cloud of pure, unadulterated bliss. Seriously, the extra-long bed was a lifesaver. I'm a notorious sprawler, and it was glorious. The room also had a desk, a coffee/tea maker (essential), a mini-bar packed with goodies, and a private bathroom with a bathtub – a luxury I always appreciate! I even had my own damn bathrobes AND slippers! Luxury, I tell you! They also provided daily housekeeping with fresh linens, which was just, chef’s kiss.
Now. The mosquitoes. I’m not going to lie. This is Africa. They exist. I had to close my windows in evenings if I didn't wanna become dinner, but thankfully, they had smoke detectors and the doors were super soundproof, so I was reasonably safe. Oh, and a tip? Use the mosquito repellent they give you. Seriously. Trust me on this one.
Internet? More Like, Inter-Net-flix and Chill
Okay, for a place in the middle of freaking nowhere, the internet was surprisingly decent. THEY HAD FREE WI-FI IN ALL ROOMS! (Emphasis mine because, well, it's a small miracle in the bush.) I needed to send emails, I needed to post my sunrise pics, and I needed to check the latest gossip (priorities, people!). They also have LAN, just in case. I had no issues.
Eating, Drinking, and Over-Eating: My Personal Safari Buffet
Alright, let’s talk food, because, honestly, I might have gained a few pounds. Might. The breakfast buffet? Incredible. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, you name it, they had it. I am talking about everything from fresh fruit (OMG, the mangoes!) to eggs cooked any way you could imagine. I got my caffeine fix at the coffee shop and also got water bottles from the bar. They had pool side bar, and a happy hour, what's not to love? The restaurants, the main one in particular, served international cuisine with both Asian and Western cuisine available. You can even order a la carte or just grab a salad. They also took care of me by offering options. I mean, what can I say? I was in heaven.
I was particularly smitten with the veggie options because, you know, balance. They even did breakfast in room. The whole package was AMAZING! I also have to shout out the staff. They were constantly going the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect.
Things To Do and Ways to Relax: Paradise Found (and Almost Lost… Once)
This is where Lejwe La Metsi truly shines. Seriously, this place is designed for relaxation. Let's start with the obvious: the swimming pool. Absolutely stunning. In the middle of nowhere, looking out over the bush, it was pure bliss, and it had a view!
Okay, but let's talk about the Spa. The Spa! I had a massage that was so good that I almost fell asleep during the treatment. I wanted to try everything, but I finally settled on a massage, a body scrub and a foot bath. I was feeling great!
The Fitness Center? Yep, they got it. Don't expect a state-of-the-art, neon-lit mega-gym; this is nature's gym. The Gym/fitness was something I will appreciate. I also enjoyed the sauna and the steam room.
Oh, and the activities? Aside from the safari itself (which is the main reason you’re here), they had things like… well, I mostly napped. And I can tell you from personal experience that a nap with the sun streaming through the blackout curtains after a morning game drive is next level. But there were also opportunities for hiking, bird watching, and maybe even a midnight swim (if you're brave!).
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe in the Wild
Okay, in the current climate, safety is paramount. Lejwe La Metsi nailed it. They had anti-viral cleaning products, professional-grade sanitizing services, and rooms sanitized between stays. I saw staff trained in safety protocol, hand sanitizer everywhere, and daily disinfection in common areas. They even have cashless payment services! They're clearly taking things really seriously!
For the Kids: Family Friendly (But Maybe Bring Earplugs… Just Kidding? Maybe?)
I saw families there, which is great. They have kids facilities. They also have babysitting service.
Getting Around: Easy Breezy
Airport transfer? Yep. Car park? Free and on-site. Taxi service? Available. Basically, getting there and getting around the premises was a cinch.
The Big One: The Safari (And Why I Almost Died From Excitement)
Okay, the safari. This is why you’re here. This is THE thing. THE reason to book. And it. Was. Unreal.
I swear, I saw everything. Lions, giraffes, elephants, rhinos, zebras… (Okay, I got a little emotional when I saw the giraffes.) I will cherish the wildlife sightings forever! I think the most memorable part was when we saw a pride of lions lounging in the shade. Their majestic presence was breathtaking.
The Imperfections (Because, Life Isn't All Roses, Even in Paradise)
Look, no place is perfect. There were a few minor hiccups. The Wi-Fi, while generally good, did occasionally hiccup. But hey, I was in the freaking African bush. These are first-world problems, people!
The Verdict: Book. It. Now.
Honestly? This place is magical. Okay, it's not cheap. But it's worth every single penny. The staff are lovely, the food is amazing, the rooms are luxurious, the setting is breathtaking, and the wildlife is unforgettable. It's an experience that will stay with you forever.
My Massive Recommendation: Book Lejwe La Metsi Now!
Do yourself a favor. Stop scrolling. Stop hesitating. Book your stay at Lejwe La Metsi. Seriously. Do it. You will thank me later. Trust me.
Special Offer: My Personal Plea to You
Okay, so I don't actually have a special offer. But if you email me your booking confirmation and tell me you read this review, I will personally send you a digital postcard from my mind-blowing trip.
Don't wait. Go. Explore. And live the dream!
(P.S. I'm seriously considering moving there. Just saying…)
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Boracay Apartments at 7Stones!
Lejwe La Metsi: My Safari Story (or, Why I'm Still Covered in Dust)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your glossy travel brochure version of Lejwe La Metsi. This is my Lejwe La Metsi, and trust me, it was a wild ride. Honestly, writing this a week later, I’m still picking bits of thorn bush out of my socks. But, glorious, dusty, sun-drenched bits.
Day -1: Pre-Safari Anxiety (and the Great Packing Debacle)
Panic is a feeling I know well, especially when faced with the promise of a "luxury" safari. Luxury? Ha! My packing list, meticulously crafted weeks prior, went out the window faster than a startled impala (more on them later…).
- Morning: The list stared back at me, mocking my organizational dreams. "Neutral colours… wide-brimmed hat… anti-malarial medication, probably…". I ended up throwing in a t-shirt that said "Keep Calm and Eat Biltong" (because priorities, people!), three pairs of hiking boots (like I was climbing Everest), and a camera I barely knew how to use. Am I going to need that formal dress? No, but you never know…right?
- Afternoon: The car ride to the airport was a blur of nervous chatter with John (he's the "practical one"). I was sure I'd forgotten something vital – my passport, my sanity, maybe even my willingness to sleep in something other than my own bed.
- Evening: Arrived in Joburg, feeling like a fish out of water. Jet lag hit me like a wall. First impression of joburg was honestly just the thought of being in the middle of nowhere.
Day 0: Arrival and That First Sunset (Oohs, Aahs, and a Slight Panic)
- Morning: The drive to Lejwe La Metsi was like a slow reveal. The city gave way to rolling hills, then to vast, open landscapes. The air, crisp and smelling of… well, dirt, mostly. And a hint of something wild. Something exciting.
- Afternoon: Check-in at the lodge. It was… stunning. Seriously. The lodge. The thatch roof, the infinity pool, the view. Jaw. On. Floor. But, the inner monologue began: "Did I pack enough deodorant? Will the elephants smell me? Is my safari hat…safari-y enough?"
- Evening: The sunset. Oh. My. Gawd. Like, seriously. The sky exploded with colour, oranges, pinks, purples… and a feeling of awe that actually made me forget, for a brief moment, that I probably hadn't packed enough socks. The sundowners, gin and tonics, were the best I have ever tasted.
- Quirky Observation: The sundowner ritual – the perfect way to end the day. The way the light catches the glasses, a perfect photo opp.
- Emotional Reaction: I was genuinely emotional. So so beautiful, and everything was perfect. This was pure bliss, I felt like I could stay here forever
Day 1: The Game Drive (and the Tragedy of the Unseen Leopard)
- Morning: Up before dawn. The air was crisp, the coffee strong, and my excitement levels were bordering on manic. Our guide, Thabo, was a walking encyclopedia of all things wildlife.
- Rambling: I love names, and Thabo was amazing.
- Morning's Game Drive: We spotted… everything! Zebras, giraffes, elephants, lions (sleeping, thankfully). Seeing those majestic creatures in their natural habitat was a spiritual experience.
- Anecdote: The giraffes were so elegant. They were just munching on leaves, totally unconcerned with our presence. I felt this connection with nature. I can feel the tears brimming.
- Afternoon: Another game drive – and the leopard hunt! We followed the tracks for what felt like an eternity, our hearts pounding. The anticipation was killer
- Imperfection: We didn't see him! We were so close, Thabo said. "Just around the bend, the leopard was just there!" I was gutted. A genuine, full-blown, dramatic-tear sort of gutted.
- Emotional Reaction: I've never been so frustrated and disappointed. We almost got to experience it, and now I can only dream of seeing the leopard.
- Evening: Dinner under the stars. The food was incredible (seriously, these chefs are magicians!), and the company even better. Swapping stories of close calls with elephants and sharing our wildlife experiences was fun.
- Opinionated Language: The food. It was heavenly. So good.
Day 2: Water Activities, and the Great Bush-Bashing Incident
- Morning: We went for a canoeing activity. The views. Absolutely breathtaking. I almost tipped over a couple of times, which led to a lot of laughter.
- Anecdote: John nearly lost his hat after his clumsy attempt at trying to take a photo with his phone.
- Afternoon: Bush walk. We were told to be prepared for bush-bashing. We went through some tight, narrow trails.
- Imperfection: My new hiking boots, which I thought were so "stylish", were now covered in mud and scratched to hell.
- Evening: We spent the evening in the swimming pool after. As the sun set, the air was filled with the sounds of the bush.
Day 3: Stargazing and the Bitter Sweet Departure
- Morning: A final morning game drive - and the leopard again! A whole group of us caught a glimpse of him running! This time, we also saw a rhino.
- Anecdote: I took some photos, but they came out kind of blurry.
- Afternoon: Stargazing. The heavens unfolded before us, millions of twinkling stars.
- Quirky Observation: I tried to pinpoint my zodiac sign but quickly gave up.
- Evening: Goodbye dinner. The feeling of leaving and the impending doom really sunk in.
- Emotional Reaction: I was sad leaving all of this, and I was really sad.
Day 4: Departure (and the Promise of Return)
- Morning: Saying goodbye to Lejwe La Metsi was hard. I felt like I was leaving a piece of my soul behind. I'd seen beautiful animals, but I didn't expect it to be this emotional.
- Imperfection: My bags were so heavy – all that biltong, souvenirs I wasn't sure I'd need.
- Afternoon: Joburg again. The airport. The flight. Reality.
- Opinionated Language: South Africa, you have stolen my heart.
- Evening: Back home, the memories, the dust, the feeling of… I don't know, alive-ness.
Final Thoughts:
Lejwe La Metsi wasn't perfect. I didn't spot the leopard. My socks are still dirty. But it was real. It was messy. It was beautiful. And I'd go back in a heartbeat. Just maybe next time, I'll pack more sunscreen. And maybe a professional photographer. And definitely a decent hat. And probably more socks.
Uncover Pocheon's Hidden Gem: Nackta Pension's Unexpected Luxury
Okay, spill it. Is Lejwe La Metsi *really* as amazing as those Instagram pics scream?
Alright, here's the deal. Let's be honest, Instagram is a plague (kidding... mostly). But yes, Lejwe La Metsi? It's pretty bloody spectacular. But, and this is a big BUT, it's not perfect. Like, *nothing* is.
The photos? They capture the essence, the *vibe*. Think ridiculously perfect sunsets that make you tear up a little. Think elephants casually strolling past your plunge pool. But they conveniently leave out the minor imperfections – like the slightly grumpy baboon that stole my banana one morning (RUDE).
My honest rating? A solid 9/10. The other point? Well, I'm just a cynical type, always looking for some tiny chink in the armour. But let me tell you, it's a sturdy armour.
What actually IS there to do there? Asking for...well, me and my crippling fear of boredom.
Bored?! At Lejwe La Metsi? Nah, that’s not in the brochure. I mean, sure, if you *want* to be a lazy blob, you totally can. Lie by the pool, read a book, let the amazing staff cater to your every whim. But if you're anything like me, you'll want *action.*
Obviously, game drives are a MUST. You'll see EVERYTHING. Lions doing lion things (sleeping, mostly). Elephants splashing around. The whole nine yards. My *favorite* was the time we saw two giraffes necking (quite literally!) during golden hour. It was like a romantic movie scene, except with long necks and grassy plains.
Then there's walking safaris. A bit scary, to be honest, knowing there are potentially hungry things out there. But incredibly exciting! You feel like a proper explorer. Plus, the guides are total pros and know EVERYTHING about the bush. Also, there's a spa, for... you know... the post-adventure relaxation. Trust me; I'm not one for spa stuff normally, but after walking in the bush all day it’s a welcome relief!
Speaking of guides... are they going to be those super-serious, know-it-all types? Or actual human beings?
Oh, this is critical. The guides at Lejwe La Metsi are, hands down, some of the best I've ever encountered. They’re not just walking encyclopedias of animal facts (though they *are* that). They're warm, funny, genuinely passionate about the wildlife and the land. It makes all the difference!
Our guide, 'Tebogo' (which means "thank you" in Setswana, how cool is that?!), was just incredible! He was a fountain of knowledge, clearly living and breathing the bush. But he was also HILARIOUS! He told us stories, pointed out subtle details we'd have completely missed (like the specific poop of a specific mammal - much more entertaining than it sounds). And he clearly loved his job. It showed.
He even helped my wife with her terrible, *terrible* bird-watching skills. It was like watching a comedy routine. Mostly 'cause she'd mistake anything moving for the rare and elusive 'spotted butt-bird'. Bless her heart!
The food... is it going to be fancy pants stuff I won't understand? I like a good burger sometimes.
Okay, foodie worries, I get it. You don't want to be stuck with tiny portions and obscure ingredients. Good news: Lejwe La Metsi nails it! It's not overly pretentious, but it's damn delicious. Trust me, the burgers are *spectacular*. Seriously, probably the best I've had in my life. The beef is obviously amazing. They make most of the bread themselves... and they're just doing *something* different.
They also have amazing steaks (yes!) fresh salads, African-inspired dishes, and everything is beautifully presented. But the best part? They will happily cater to dietary restrictions. My wife is a vegetarian, and they went above and beyond to ensure she had incredible meals every single day. They even made us a picnic to take with us on a game drive. Now THAT'S service.
And breakfast? Forget about it. Everything from the fresh fruit to the omelettes were perfect. Then there was the coffee…. Oh, the coffee. I'm drooling just thinking about it.
Accommodation... is it glamping or legit luxury? And seriously, do I have to share a bathroom?
Legit luxury. FULL STOP. No sharing bathrooms. You'll be in your own private lodge, or chalet. Mine had a private plunge pool, a massive outdoor shower, a fireplace... basically, it was a five-star palace in the middle of the bush.
The decor is beautiful, blending perfectly with the natural surroundings. I'm a slob, so it was always a bit of a disaster in my room (socks everywhere, laptop overflowing with email), but the space itself was stunning. Think earthy tones, natural textures, and massive windows framing those incredible views. And the bed? OH MY GOODNESS, that bed. I could have probably stayed there forever.
And no, you *don't* have to share a bathroom. Each lodge has its own, usually with a bathtub overlooking the bush. It's pure bliss. Honestly. This is not a "roughing it" kind of vacation. More like "pampering yourself in the middle of nowhere" kind of vacation.
Okay, let's talk elephants. Are they really as 'present' as the pictures make them seem? I don't want to feel like the circus is around me!
Okay, elephants. Yes. They're there. Quite a lot. But not like a chaotic, stampeding circus. I think the team there do a great job of allowing a respectful and awe-inspiring experience.
I'm going to double down my experience. On our very first game drive, we came across a family of elephants. They were magnificent! We watched them playing in a waterhole, splashing each other and just generally being adorable. It was the sort of moment that just makes you stop and appreciate the simple, beautiful things in life. We were there for a good half an hour I reckon. I was mesmerized! I felt so humbled and grateful to witness something so powerful and wonderful.
Then we saw baby elephants, awkwardly trying to drink water with their trunks. I was almost in tears! That one moment really set the tone for the whole trip. It was a reminder of how beautiful and precious this planet is, and how important it is to protect it. You get a proper feeling of respect and appreciation.
What's the deal with mosquitos? Am I going to be eaten alive? And what about other creepy crawlies?

